Coindesk, the authority on bitcoin recently published the Q1 State of Bitcoin. Basic takeaways were as follows:
- Number of wallets are up 11% to last quarter and forecast for growth remains intact
- Merchants acceptance growth has slowed considerably
- Transaction volume continues to grow but bitcoin largely remains a store of value
- Price declines will lead to further consolidation within mining
- Led by Silicon Valley, historic investments continue
Bottom line: Consumer adoption remains strong, merchant adoption is slowing and exchange transactions need to strengthen.